This is the first stable release based on Firefox ESR 91, and includes an important update to Tor 0.4.6.8.
Earlier this year, Firefox’s user interface underwent a significant redesign aimed at simplifying the browser chrome, streamlining menus and featuring an all-new tab design.
Firefox ESR 91 introduces the new design to Tor Browser for the first time.
To ensure it lives up to the new experience, each piece of custom UI in Tor Browser has been modernized to match Firefox’s new look and feel.
That includes everything from updating the fundamentals like color, typography and buttons to redrawing each of our icons to match the new thinner icon style.
In addition to the browser chrome itself, the connection screen, circuit display, security levels and onion site errors all received a sprucing-up too – featuring some small but welcome quality of life improvements to each.
去年我们已经宣布 v2 洋葱服务将在2021年过期。从10.5版本开始 Tor 浏览器就会不断提醒访问 v2 洋葱服务的用户。现在，这一天终于到了。
从 Tor 0.4.6.8 版本开始，v2 洋葱服务无法再通过 Tor 浏览器访问了，用户也会收到“无效的洋葱站点地址”的错误提示。
当你访问 v2 地址时发现报错，这并不是浏览器的问题，而是网站的问题。
你可以提醒洋葱站点的管理员，让他们尽快升级到 v3 版洋葱服务。
你可以在书签中快速找到 v2 版洋葱网站的地址：它们是16个字符长的，而 v3 版是56个字符。两个版本的网址都以 .onion 结尾。
Tor 浏览器 11.0 有下列已知问题：
- Bug 40668: DocumentFreezer & file scheme
- Bug 40671: Fonts don't render
- Bug 40679: Missing features on first-time launch in esr91 on MacOS
- Bug 40689: Change Blockchair Search provider's HTTP method
- Bug 40667: AV1 videos shows as corrupt files in Windows 8.1
- Bug 40677: Since the update to 11.0a9 some addons are inactive and need disabling-reenabling on each start
- Bug 40666: Switching svg.disable affects NoScript settings
- Bug 40690: Browser chrome breaks when private browsing mode is turned off
- Bug 40693: Potential Wayland dependency (new)
- Bug 40692: Picture-in-Picture is enabled on tbb 11.0a10 (new)
- Bug 40700: Switch Firefox recommendations off by default (new)
- Bug 40705: "visit our website" link on about:tbupdate pointing to different locations (new)
- Bug 40706: Fix issue in https-e wasm (new)
If you find a bug or have a suggestion for how we could improve this release, please let us know.
Thanks to all of the teams across Tor, and the many volunteers, who contributed to this release.